7/29/08

Craigslist: What You're Looking For


Free online classifieds site Craigslist can help you find or sell just about anything in a flash.
I love craigslist. I think it's simple yet so functional but I haven't really used some of its features until now. When I ask others about craigslist I get one of two responses: craigslist is great and what's craigslist? A lot of my friends aren't computer literate like I am which is probably why they're my friends. It's hard to embrace craigslist because at first look at the site you're like "what the hell's this?" But once you get some guidance on what it can provide you'll be amazed at what it can do. In April, my family had a subdivision sale and we always advertised by putting signs at the entrances to the sub and paying $50-100 for a small note in each local paper which usually brings a decent turnout. This year, I suggested we use craigslist too. On the day of the huge garage sale, there were calls every hour asking directions to our subdivision from all over the place even in the heart of Detroit. It was apparent to all of us that there was way more people then we've had before. Normally, our family would have made about $400 in profit (we have a lot of stuff to sell) but after using craigslist we made almost $900! That's the power of craigslist. Just yesterday we posted our wooden playset on Craigslist and within two hours of publishing the post we got an urgent call basically saying "SOLD!" He came over the next day and gave us the money. Now he just has to take it apart and haul it away. My parents were shocked at the results. Suddenly I have a list of things to put up on craigslist. In all, if you want to sell something, buy something, find a job, find romance, have a laugh, or get free stuff then go to craigslist first.

1 comment:

brittany :] said...

well i think that your blogs are deep


:]